The True Nature of Prison


I am compiling a list of fascinating texts that seem to be stringing together something profound I have not noticed before. It is partly the emerging effect of a number of other insights I have learned over the past few months and their intersections are opening up some new things that make much more sense.

Since it will take some time to process this, longer than what I want to wait right now, I am simply going to very briefly outline what I am seeing so far.

The prisons that Jesus speaks of in His parables and stories all seem to have something very much in common with the trap of Satan as outlined in the book, The Bait of Satan by John Bevere. This book has gone very far in opening my eyes to see many things in the Bible I never noticed until I understood this as one of the most central issues that prevent most people from really entering into a successful connection with God.

What came to my mind not long ago in connection with this is the several references Jesus made to prisons. I knew about the story at the end of Matthew 18 that has been a radical enlightenment for me for several years. But I suddenly realized that the implications and inferences of these various sources also apply to the other references to prisons in Matthew 5 and Luke 12. In addition I found a compelling connection in Revelation that really added to the dimensions of this subject.

It is becoming very clear to me that we place ourself into these prisons, and the way we do that is by allowing offenses to linger in our hearts, failing to disconnect from them by forgiving others or seeking reconciliation with those who are offended by something we have done to them. This theme is seen over and over in Jesus' teachings and I am starting to feel more conviction about my need to take this very seriously.

I want to continue to unpack this and allow it to soak in much deeper as the Spirit opens up this most important topic to both my mind and my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ohm's Spiritual Law

Class Action Law Suit

Vengeance